In today’s episode,Tara chats about the challenges and strengths of being a singer/performer who is introverted. She chats from her own experience of being an introvert, as well as from working with other introverts.
These might be things introverts struggle with:
- Performance anxiety
- Networking and self/promotion
- Trying to balance alone time and social engagements
- Collaborating with musicians in group situations and not having their voice heard
- Dealing with the expectations of a performance from the audience to be overly charismatic
- Pacing yourself at a performance
Being introverted can also include these strengths:
- Having a heightened sense of our inner world can help us carry amazing emotions into our performance
- Having self reflection easily available where you can analyze your performance and take it to the next level
- May have a preference for intimate performances to connect deeply with people
- Loving and utilizing solace for times of creating
The Introvert Advantage book is a great resource to understand what it means to be introverted.
Check out The Singer’s Feedback Zone here:
You can listen on Amazon Audible music, Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts, iHeart radio, PlayerFM, Spotify and more. If you are willing to rate and review this podcast, please do wherever you listen. Or share it to social media and tag me.